Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Make safe driving part of long weekend plans
VICTORIA – As the Canada Day long weekend approaches, the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure encourages travellers to stay safe on the road by planning ahead and using extra caution.
General tips for a safe trip include:
* allowing additional time to get to your destination due to more people on the roads;
* packing food and bottled water for passengers, as well as pets, and planning breaks at rest areas: https://www.th.gov.bc.ca/
* leaving the phone alone and wearing seatbelts;
* obeying all posted speed limits and slowing down in bad weather;
* driving with extra caution, watching for motorcyclists, and sharing the road with cyclists and other users; and
* making sure your vehicle is up for the drive by checking engine oil, washer fluid, lights and tires, including the spare.
For the most up-to-date highway travel information, check @DriveBC on Twitter and: DriveBC.ca