Name: Tina Bains (Conservative)
Current city of residence: Surrey
Occupation: Advisor Govt. of BC
Political experience: Worked on political Provincial and Federal campaigns.
1. Name the top three issues going into this federal election, in order of importance
2. How would you address those issues if you were elected?
1. If I am elected, I am committed to setting immigration levels consistent with what is in Canada’s interest. That number may change every year to reflect what Canada needs and who needs Canada. With Baby boomers retiring we will need the world’s best and brightest to choose Canada. Immigration done right is good for the economy.
I will be working on Safeguarding and emphasize economic immigration. Stand up for families and ensure that spouses and children can be reunited. Improve credential recognition and language training.
Ensure that our system prioritizes people facing true persecution. Put an end to illegal border crossings by closing the loophole in the Safe-Third country Agreement that allows some people to skip the line and avoid the queue. Immigration done right is good for the economy
2. A change in leadership in Surrey Center would be a positive change for affordable housing, better transportation, and financial stability. The hallmark of the Conservative government is lower taxes and not wasteful spending like the present government. With a Conservative government and my election, you will have control over your own money and effective representation for not only you, but your family, friends, businesses, and community. The new government would be scraping the Trudeau Carbon Tax, lowering the cost of everyday essentials like gas, groceries, and home heating; introduce the Universal Tax Cut, Green Public Transit Tax Credit, Children’s Fitness Tax Credit, Arts and Learning Tax Credit; take the GST off home heating costs, and make maternity benefits tax-free, while expanding the Age Credit and RESP programs. The increase in tax credits combined with the elimination of wasteful incentives will put money back in the pockets of the hard-working middle class.
3. My goal is to do everything I can to keep the gangs away from our children.
We will give police better tools and better laws so that they can protect our kids
Longer Prison terms for criminals who use guns
·We will end automatic bail for gang criminals
·We will create a task force dedicated to stop the smuggling of illegal guns into CANADA
·Life time ban on owning guns for violent criminals
·We will fund programs to stop youth from joining gangs
These points are good place to begin, I will be part of a conservative team that is serious about building a safer Canada for our children.
3. What makes you the best person for this job?
I know my community best on the issues that matter and struggles that young families are facing. Having worked in government for over 20 years, I have been getting things done for small business owners, nonprofit organizations, and others in Surrey. I have learned a lot. These experiences have provided me the knowledge on how I can help shape our future in a positive way. My motivation to run for office is to serve and advocate for my community, which is my most pressing reason of running for office. My community needs help, and I believe I have the skills and experience to fill that need. I genuinely care about the welfare of those in my riding and will be fighting for positive change at the local level, while addressing issues at the national level.