British Columbia saw over 1,500 drug overdose deaths in 2018, setting a record high.
This concern prompted The Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce to host a Drug Overdose Training clinic to show residents and business owners what to do if they encounter this type of scenario.
It was hosted earlier today at noon (April 30, 2019) at their head quarters at 80477 199 Street.
Up to 20 members of the public learned:
– Statistics and background on the overdoses crisis and who is at risk
– Impact on Langley City & Township
– Stigma awareness on drug use and addiction
– Education on the toxicity of the drug supply in British Columbia.
– Received FREE Naloxone training (including kits)
It was presented by We All Play A R.O.L.E., a group which offers to visit offices, and provide this type of training.
Listen to PULSE FM’s interview with The Greater Langley Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Colleen Clark.