Discover the Story Behind Every Door
Surrey Doors Open is an annual one-day event for organizations to invite community members to “discover the story behind every door”. This free event offers fun activities for all ages, behind-the-scenes guided tours, entertainment, contests, prizes and more! Almost 7,500 visitors attended in 2018.
Surrey Doors Open 2019 will take place on Saturday, June 8 from 11:00am to 4:00pm.
Explore 26 venues offering a behind the-scenes look into Surrey’s rich heritage, art, culture and architecture in four communities.
- Fraser Valley Heritage Railway
- Harness Racing BC
- Honeybee Centre
- Museum of Surrey & Fraser Valley Virtual
- Surrey Animal Resource Centre
- Surrey Archives
- Surrey Heritage Society dba BC Vintage Truck Museum
- Surrey Historical Society
- Maranatha Canadian Reformed Church
- Surrey Amateur Radio Training & Operations Centre
- Surrey Operations Centre
- Historic Stewart Farm
- SORCE Bike Club
- South Surrey Operations Centre
- Surrey Parks & Sunnyside Acres Heritage Society
- Central City Brewers & Distillers
- Chuck Bailey Recreation Centre
- City Centre Library
- Di Reggae Cafe
- Douglas College Training Group
- Sprite Multimedia Systems Ltd.
- Surrey Biofuel Facility
- Surrey City Hall
- Surrey Nature Centre
- Viva Care Medical Group
History of Doors Open
Surrey Doors Open inspiration stems from origins in France where the first Doors Open (La Journee Portes Ouvertes) took place in 1984. The idea soon began to spread to neighbouring countries and has since expanded around the globe.