Remember last month when a Delta Police caught a driver on Highway 17 driving around 170 kilomters an hour in an 80 zone? Pretty bad right?
Carinsurance.com recently asked 1,000 drivers what they tell a police officer when they get busted for speeding.
– 24% said they didn’t even realize they were speeding
– 18% say they were late for work
– 14% thought they were going as fast as everyone else
– 11% were late to pick up or drop off a child
– 10% say its a medical emergency
– 11% didn’t see the speed limit sign
– 9% say they had to use the bathroom
– And 40% of drivers have the nerve to ask for “a warning” instead of a speeding ticket.